TheSchool Education Civil Secretariat Department was established in the year 2019, after UT was granted to Ladakh. It is responsible for handling all the School Education related affairs in UT Ladakh. It has launched various incentive schemes for enrolment drive especially for girls’ enrolment. These incentives were:
- Supply of free textbooks up to 8th
- School uniform free of cost.
- Winter uniform
- Merit-cum-poverty scholarship.
- Hostel facilities Scholarship.
- Girls’ attendance scholarship.
- Incentive awards for the meritorious students at District level.
- Incentive awards to best teacher for enrolment drive in primary school etc.
- Tablets for the students of class 6th-12th.
The School Educationdepartment functions under the supervision and guidance of the Hon’ble Lieutenant Governor and the Principal Secretary for implementing various EducationalProjects in UT Ladakh.
Samagra Shiksha is also functioning under the umbrella of School Education Department Ladakh. Furtherithas committed to provide education on the doorstep of eachstudentby establishing 907 government institutions in both the districts.
The School Education Department’s vision is to promote development of an enlightened and prosperous Ladakh.
We strive to bring affordable quality education within the reach of every aspirant, make our educational institutions seeds of learning, impart not just education but values too, to make our students better human beings, with co-curriculum at par with the curriculum to bridge the gap between public and private institutions. To build the fundamental teacher-student centered environment.
- To provide inclusive, affordable and accessible Government services to the citizens.
- To liaison with the other Govt. department and civil society organizations for the better functioning of all the schemes and programs.
- To utilize the existing, prospective infrastructure and resources to the best possible extent for improvingquality education.
- To ensure equitable access for school going children of UT Ladakh.
- To bring back all the dropout of children in the classrooms.
- To equip all the secondary and higher secondary schools with the modern facilities like ICTs laboratory and libraries.