Rewa: Lt Governor’s Students support initiative – Financial Assistance to meritorious students of UT of Ladakh
For availing coaching facility through Directorate of Social &Tribal Welfare, UT of Ladakh as per the terms, conditions & eligibility criteria given as under:
Objective: To encourage the meritorious students of Ladakh to appear in National Level Entrance examinations(NEET, JEE, NOA, UG CLAT) for seeking admissions to the reputed institutions of India and to encourage those students who qualify the Preliminary examinations of National Level Competitive Examinations conducted by UPSC viz Civil Services, Indian Forest Service and Indian Engineering Services, the Administration of Union Territory of Ladakh shall give financial assistance for availing coaching facility.
A. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR COACHING FOR NATIONAL LEVEL ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS :
Upto Rs 1 lakh shall be given as financial assistance to the meritorious students who plan to appear in the NEET, JEE, UG CLAT and NOA examinations to help them take up quality coaching. This shall include the following:
|S.No.||Type of Reimbursement||Amount|
|1||Reimbursement of total cost of the Coaching programme (for residential institutes)||Upto Rs 1 lakh|
|2||Reimbursement of Coaching fee(including admission, tuition etc) for day boarding institute/online/correspondence coaching||Upto Rs 64,000/-|
|3||Expenditure for boarding/lodging(@Rs3000,per month)#for day boarding institute/online/correspondence coaching||Upto Rs 36,000/-|
#Months shall be calculated based on the model duration of the coaching and upto 12months only.
A.1. For meritorious students of 10th Standard Board Examinations
30 students each belonging Kargil district and Leh district (total 60) will be selected on the basis of percentage/grade of marks secured in the 10th standard board examinations.
The detailed breakup will be as given below:
|District||Students of Government Schools within Ladakh||Students of Private Schools within Ladakh||Students of Schools outside Ladakh||Total Students|
A.2. For meritorious students of 12th Standard Board Examinations:
35 students belonging to Kargil district and Leh district (total 70) will be selected on the basis of percentage /grade of marks secured in the 12th Standard Board examinations. The number of students selected for each course will be as follows:
|District||Students with Medical Subjects||Students with Non-Medical Subjects||Humanities||Total Students|
* Medical background means Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects combination and Nonmedical background mean Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject combination.
B. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR COACHING FOR NATIONAL LEVEL COMPETITIVE EXAMINATIONS:
Upto Rs 1.54 lakh shall be given as financial assistance to the students belonging to Ladakh who qualify the Prelim examination of Civil Services, Indian Forest Service and Indian Engineering Service, to help them take up quality coaching as follows:
|S.No.||Type of Reimbursement||Amount|
|1||Reimbursement of Coaching fee (incl. admission, tuition etc.) for classroom/ online/ correspondence coaching||Upto Rs 1 lakh|
|2||Expenditure for boarding/lodging**(@Rs3000,per month)||Upto Rs 54,000/-|
** Months shall be calculated based on the model duration of the coaching and upto 18months only.
- Students belong to the Union Territory of Ladakh.
- Students studying in the educational Institutions in the UT of Ladakh who are children of central government officials, All India Service officers, officials of PSUs and autonomous body of the central government, Public Sector Banks, officials of statutory bodies, shall also be eligible to avail the benefit
- The Administration shall invite applications from eligible students soon after the results are declared for Class X, Class XII and preliminary examination of Civil Services Examination, Engineering Services Examination and Indian Forest Service Examination
- Eligible candidates shall apply online with supporting documents and result sheet within the specified timelines.
- A merit list for Class X and Class XII separately shall be prepared for the year based on the number of eligible applications. The list shall be declared on the portal.
- Approved candidates shall apply for reimbursement by submitting the fee receipt.
- The admission to coaching institute may be undertaken within two years of the date of declaration of the merit list on the portal.
- The fee receipt should also be submitted within two years of the date of declaration of the merit list on the portal for availing the scheme.
- For the successful students of UPSC examination, coaching taken during the period 18 months before the date of preliminary examination and up to18 months after preliminary examination shall be eligible for reimbursement.
- The fee receipt should also be submitted within two years of the date of the respective preliminary examination for availing the scheme.
- The concerned Departments will verify the credentials.
- The amount shall be transferred directly to the beneficiary.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The payment will be made only to the account of the beneficiary.
- Financial benefit will be given to a candidate only once and for one examination only.
- The coaching institute shall be registered and have a valid GST Number.
- Fee receipt received after the due date shall not be considered.
- Admission to coaching institutes after the due date shall not be entertained for the assistance.
* Apply in the application format: View/Download (144 KB).
* Once the application is accepted, apply for reimbursement in the required format:
*Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org