In order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority and to empower the citizens to secure access to information under the control of each authority, the Government of India have enacted ‘The Right to Information (Amendment) Act, 2019’, (RTI). In accordance with the provisions of section 4(1) (b) of this Act, the office of the Deputy Commissioner/CEO, LAHDC, Leh Union Territory of Ladakh has brought out this handbook for information and guidance of the general public.
The handbook provides an overall view of DC office, Leh its functions and duties of its officers and employees and records, composition, organizational structure etc.
This office is headed by a Deputy Commissioner/CEO, LAHDC, Leh assisted by Additional Deputy Commissioner, Leh, Assistant Commissioner, (Rev), Leh, Chief Planning Officer, Leh, Headquarter Assistant, Account Officer and officials staff and has designated at the following one CPIO, and one CAPIO to government as its Central Public Information Officer (CPIO) and Central Assistant Public Information Officer (CAPIO) for matters concerning of this office. The telephone numbers of the CPIO/CAPIO are mentioned against their name and sections assigned to them. Any person requiring any information under the Act may contact the concerned officers to this office.
Objectives/purpose of the public authority:
The Deputy Commissioner is the head of the Revenue department in the District and is also called the Collector under Land Revenue Act. It is under his supervision and guidance all the revenue records of the District are compiled and updated from time to time as per the relevant rules.
The Deputy Commissioner is responsible for implementing state government’s programmes and policies at the grassroots level and collecting information regarding the needs and facilities to be provided to the general public, their difficulties and redressal etc. and making the government aware of these. The Deputy Commissioner also acts as the Chief Executive Officer of Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC).
The Deputy Commissioner being the District Magistrate is responsible for maintaining the law and order situation in the district. In times of any natural calamity like floods, locusts, drought, storm etc, the Deputy Commissioner is the primary relief agency he is designated as Chairman of District Disaster Management Authority (DDMA). During the occurrence of natural calamities or during internal or external disturbance, the Deputy Commissioner calls for military assistance and co-ordinates the efforts of the civil-military administration. There are number of other officers at the district headquarters such as Additional Deputy Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner Revenue, Chief Planning Officer, etc. for the assistance of the Deputy Commissioner to carry out the workings of the district administration. At the sub Divisional level, the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) is responsible for the administration who is assisted by the Tehsildar, Naib Tehsildar, Block Development Officer, Qanungos, Patwaris and other officials. In fact more than being an officer, the Deputy Commissioner is actually an institution itself, under whose governance democracy reaches every nook and corner of the district. The Deputy Commissioner is designated as District Election Officer and the elections are conducted under his /her supervision.
Mission/Vision Statement of the Public Authority:
“To ensure a simple, moral accountable, responsive and transparent system of administration leading to overall inclusive development of Leh district”.
Duties of the Public Authority-DC Office, Leh:
- To prepare the annual plan.
- To accord administrative approval other than PWD Department.
- To make progress report on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- To conduct annual plan meeting.
Main Activities/Function of the Public Authority:
- Plays an active role in all development activities in the district under programmes such as MP Local Area dev Fund and Plan Funds.
- Formulation of Annual Plan.
- Preparation of progress reports on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Keep an account of centrally sponsored schemes and providing state matching share.
- Conduct a General Counsel Meeting/ Annual Plan Meetings.
- Collection of plan related data from various head of departments through its planning cells in the concerned departments
- Maintain active liaison with LAHDC Leh and the UT Administration of Ladakh.
DC OFFICE KARGIL Click Here To View
- Deputy Commissioner/CEO, LAHDC, Leh
Administrative power:- Deputy Commissioner is vested with the powers of the District Magistrate, District Collector and Chief Executive Officer of LAHDC. As District Magistrate, he is responsible for maintenance of law & order in the district assisted by the Superintendent of Police and number of Executive Magistrates under him. As District Collector, the Deputy Commissioner heads the district revenue organization which is responsible for collection of land revenue, maintenance of revenue records and implemented of various revenue law like agrarian reforms Act. Revenue Act, Tenancy Act etc.
As the CEO of LAHDC, the Deputy Commissioner is responsible for preparing the annual plan with the help of the district heads which after consolidated is presented in the general council meeting. The annual district plan is approved by the general council as per the LAHDC act. The Deputy Commissioner/ CEO ensures the implementation of the plan.
The Deputy Commissioner is the chairman of the District Management Authority and District crisis management group for dealing with disaster and cri is in the district. The deputy Commissioner is the district election officer.The Deputy Commissioner is also Chairman LAHDC-SSRB in recruitment of District cadre post allocated under his control.
- The Deputy Commissioner is the chief revenue officer and as district collector is responsible for collection of revenues and other govt. Dues recoverable as arrears of land revenue.
- The Deputy Commissioner being the Chief Executive officer of LAHDC, under section 40(2) of LAHDC Act, Leh has a power to transfer Govt employees after prior approval of the executive council and can take necessary action against the employees posted in Leh district (as all the Govt employees except the judicial and police shall be deemed to be transferred to the LAHDC-Leh.
- He is also overall in charge of the planning & development section.
- Monitoring inspection and supervision of the performance of the various schemes and programmers.
- Conduct of review meeting for assessing the performance of the schemes, taking corrective actions and submission of reports to the higher authorities.
- To accord administrative approval for capex Plan.
- He is the CEO of LAHDC Leh and as the CEO of LAHDC implements they decisions of LAHDC, Leh
- Acts as District Magistrate and is responsible for maintenance of law and order within the District.
- Acts as District Development Commissioner to oversee the developmet activities in the District under various Central/State schemes.
Additional Deputy Commissioner, Leh
- Additional District Magistrate maintains law and order within the district.
- Disposed off all the revenue related cases referred to him/her.
- Deals with the Disaster/ Relief related matters as under District Disaster Management Authority being a Chief Executive Officer, DDMA, Leh.
- Deals with court cases.
- Departmental enquiries.
- He/she is district census officer 2022 in the district
- Maintains national population register.
- He/she is designated as CPIO under RTI act 2005..
- Act as District Vigilance Officer, deals with complaints and submits enquiry report before the State Vigilance Commission.
- He/ she is a designated a Regional Survey and Land Record Officer and supervisor the work/digitalization of records under DILRMP.
- He/ she is the Registrar of Documents under Central Registration Act.
Chief Planning Officer:-
He is the officer in- incharge of the Planning section and scrutinizes the planning & development matters submitted by the various departments and also provide assistance to the Deputy Commissioner/ CEO LAHDC Leh.
- Provides advice on planning matters as may be referrers to him by the Deputy Commissioner or any other officer.
- Reports matters to the Deputy Commissioner / CEO LAHDC Leh or further orders.
- Monitors various plan related during formulation of annual plan.
- He also maintains Liaison with all district officers regarding collection of information and preparation of annual district plan.
Assistant Commissioner Revenue (ACR)
The ACR is a revenue officer and assists the Deputy Commissioner in all the Revenues related matters and is also designated as Additional District Magistrate and it is his responsibility to guide/ brief the deputy Commissioner regarding all the revenue related matters.
- The ACR deals with all the revenue related matter of the district.
- The ACR is designated as sub registrar to register the various documents.
- The ACR disposed of the revenue cases within his jurisdiction or one refer to higher revenue officer.
- It is also his responsibility to maintain law and order being the additional district magistrate.
- It is through his office all that monthly report pertain the revenue department are received and compiled and to submit the same to the higher authority on monthly basis.
Central Public Information Officer/Central Assistant Public Information Officer
|1||Shri Sonam Chosjor||Addl. Deputy Commissioner, Leh||01982252049|
|2||Shri Shabir Hussain||Assistant Commissioner, (Revenue) Leh||01982257415|
First Appellate Authority
|1||Shri. Shrikant Balasaheb Suse IAS||Deputy Commissioner/CEO, LAHDC, Leh||01982252010|
Public Information Officers Kargil
|1.||Abdul Gafar Zargar KAS||Assistant Commissioner Revenue||9622140505||01985-
DC Office Kargil.
|2.||Abdul Hadi||Chief Planning Officer Kargil||01985-23271||9419176367
|01985-232713||DC Office Kargil|
First Appellate Authority:
|1.||Santosh Sukhadeve, IAS
|Deputy Commissioner/ CEO LAHDC Kargil||7889661600||01985-
|2.||Ghulam Muhi-UD-Din Wani JKAS||Addl. Deputy Commissioner||6005058518||01985-
DC Office Kargil.
|1.||Shri. Shrikant Balasaheb Suse IAS,||Deputy Commissioner –||8275016521|
|2.||Shri Sonam Chosjor
|Addl Deputy Commissioner||9622113650|
|3.||Shri. Shabir Hussain||Assistant Commissioner, Revenue||7006546765|
|4.||Smt. Nilza Angmo||Headquarter Assistant to Deputy Commissioner||9469336576|
|5.||Skalzang Chospa||Accounts Officer to Deputy Commissioner||9419177762|
|6.||Phuntsok Angdu ,||Section Officer(Adm)-||9419889544
|7.||Abdul Rouf,||Head Assistant-
|9.||Kulsum Khatoon||Head Assistant||9622239512|
|12||Skarma Tashi Yangchan
|14.||Tsering Ladol||Senior Assistant||8492832022|
|15.||Konchok Sherab||Senior Assistant||09419850759|
|16.||Konchok Zangmo||Senior Assistant||9906984553|
|17.||Tsering Diskit||Senior Assistant||9469732499|
|18.||Sonam Dolma||Senior Assistant||9469368771|
|20||Amjad Khan||Senior Assistant||9596268574|
|21||Phunchok Dolma||Senior Assistant||9797476706|
|22.||Namgail Angmo||Senior Assistant||9797545559|
|23.||Tsering Lamo||Senior Assistant||9419657448|
|24.||Chemat Angmo||Senior Assistant||9622381121|
|25.||Ishey Angmo||Senior Assistant|
|26.||Stanzin Ladol||Legal Assistant||9622068634|
|27.||Mipham Thestop||Junior Assistant||9622046940|
|28.||Soanm Yangdol||Junior Assistant||7051079931|
|29.||Sonam Stobgais||Junior Assistant||8492076675|
|30.||Tsering Angmo||Junior Assistant||9622913103|
|31.||Tsewang Otsal||Junior Assistant||8082560885|
|32.||Sakina Bano||Junior Assistant|
|33.||Padma Tsewang||Junior Assistant||9596783627|
|34.||Stanzin Dawa Meta||Junior Assistant||8494074165|
|35.||Stanzin Younzin||Junior Assistant||7051074987|
|36.||Urgain Namdol||Junior Assistant||8492074839|
|37.||Zahoor Ahmed||Junior Assistant||9622047010|
|38.||Thinley Norbu||Junior Assistant||9906978460|
|59.||Tsewang Dorjey||I/C Election, Naib Tehsildar||9469337119|
|60.||Iftikar Ali||Election Assistant Senior||9797624448|
|61.||Rinchen Angchuk||Election Assistant Senior||9469626030|
|62.||Rinchen Angmo||Election Assistant, Junior|
|65.||Sonam Tundup||Statistical Officer||9622473459|
|66.||Jigmet Rabgais||Statistical Assistant||9906245655|
|67.||Sheetal Bhagat||Statistical Assistant||8082335352|
S No Name of the officer/official Designation Contact No. 1 Santosh Sukhadeve, IAS Deputy commissioner 7889661600 2 Ghulam Muha-UD-Din Wani JKAS Addl.Deputy Commissioner 6005058518 3 Abdul Gafar Zargar Assistant Commissioner Revenue 9622140505 4 Aarifa Iqbal Lone Headquarter Assistant 9469707220 5 Shamim Ahmad Wazir Account officer to Deputy Commissioner Kargil 7006880951 6 Mohd Hassain NT Reader to DC 9419818866 7 Skarma Gurmat Sr. Steno 9419177030 8 Mohd Ibrahim AAO 9149763181 9 Mohd Skinder Sr. Assistant 8082828539 10 Kacho Mussa Ali Khan SO Revenue 9419880824 11 Mohd Hassan SO Establishment 9469565065 12 Mohammad SQ 8082513716 13 Gulzar Hussain Head Assistant 14 Mohd Ibrahim Sr. Assistant 9622346970 15 Mohd Hassan SM 8494099881 16 Mohd Towhir Jr. Assistant 9622679469 17 Abass Ali Jr. Assistant 9469730314 18 Zahara Batool Jr. Assistant 7051608509 19 Mohd Murtaza Sr. Assistant 9469772851 20 Nargis Banoo Jr. Assistant 8491801581 21 Mohd Towhir Jr.Assistant 8493853534 22 Habibullah CIC Opt 6005367189