Regulations of the Competition section of the Himalayan Film Festival, 2021.
1. To the best of the applicant’s knowledge, all of the statements below must be accurate.
2. ‘The Himalayan Film Festival’ is being organised by The Administration of Union Territory of Ladakh in association with the Directorate of Film Festivals (DFF), Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, GoI.
3. The applicant is duly authorised, on his/her behalf and on the behalf of any person or entity that has the ownership’s rights of the work, to submit his/her work to the Competition and the applicant declares that this submission is not in violation of any law and does not violate any right to said person or entity or that of any third party in any manner whatsoever.
4. The Himalayan Film Festival, its officers, as well as any of its fiscal sponsors and affiliated entities, is not responsible for any damage to, or loss of, any materials submitted by the applicant, whether that damage occurs enroute to or from the Competition or during the course of the Competition’s possession, any loss caused to the film material or otherwise, in or during the Competition or of said materials.
5. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of the competition section is to:
i. Recognize local talent in short and documentary film-making.
ii. Provide opportunities to connect to the sparsely located film-making community of the Himalayas, through networking and collaborative projects.
iii. Provide an opportunity to explore the works and perspectives of other filmmakers.
iv. To build an audience for the work of filmmakers.
v. To develop the skill of film-making using minimal/efficient resources.
vi. Locating young and fresh talent in film-making in the Himalayan region of India.
vii. Centre-staging the filmmaking process and incentivizing local talent to pursue a career in filmmaking.
i. Short-film (Fiction/Documentary) (Should be up to 15 minutes of duration)
ii. Short-film (Promotional-I) (Should be up to 1 minute of duration)
iii. Short-film (Promotional-II) (Should be up to 5 minutes of duration)
7. READ THE GUIDELINES AND RULES AND REGULATION FOR APPLYING FOR THE HIMALAYAN FILM FESTIVAL, 2021
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The following conditions must be fulfilled by all entries:
The Himalayan Short Film Competition – The film could be silent or in any Indian language or an English language film produced by the Himalayan States/UT (Ladakh , Jammu & Kashmir, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland) Producers/Production Houses, Individuals, Social & Educational Institutions and Students studying in educational institutions in the Himalayan states and directed by the Director from a Himalayan state only. The technicians and artists of the film should also be residents of these states.
a) The Short Film (Fiction/Documentary) should be up to 15 minutes in duration.
b) The Short Film (Promotional-I) should be up to 1 minute of duration.
c) The Short Film (Promotional-II) should be up to 5 minutes in duration.
d) ALL FILMS MUST CARRY ENGLISH SUBTITLES.
e) The film should be shot with full HD (1920×1080) resolution (mobile phones with full HD resolution cameras can be used).
f) The submission of the film is to be made on Pen Drive/DVD/BRD with either MOV or MP4 format. Online link of the film in HD quality should also be emailed to email@example.com, along with the application form.
g) The producer and director of the film should be from Himalayan state and Indian nationals. Government-issued photo ID/address proof of the director and producer should be submitted along with the application form.
h) The completion year of production of the films should be during the last 24 months preceding the festival i.e. 1st September, 2019 to 31st August, 2021.
a. Dubbed or revised versions.
b. Films NOT subtitled in English.
c. Entries received in sub-standard digital quality.
d. An applicant would be disqualified automatically for consideration of his/her entry if it is found that he /she is influencing any member of the jury.
e. Application will be disqualified, if the director or the producer of the film belongs to a non-Himalayan state or UT, as specified above.
THE COMPETITION SHALL CARRY FOLLOWING AWARDS
a. Best Short Film (Fiction/Documentary)- Rs 3.5 Lakh – Award will be given to the Director and Producer of the Film
b. Best Short Film (Promotional- up to 1 min)- Rs 3.5 Lakh – Award will be given to the Director and Producer of the Film
c. Best Short Film (Promotional- up to 5 min)- Rs 3.5 Lakh – Award will be given to the Director and Producer of the Film
d. Best Story – Rs 1.75 Lakh
e. Best Cinematographer – Rs 1.75 Lakh
f. Best Editor – Rs 1.75 Lakh
TOPICS FOR PROMOTIONAL FILM
Jal Jeevan Mission, Skill India – PMKVY, Rewa Scheme of the Administration of Ladakh, Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana, Swachh Bharat Mission and other National Flagship
TOPICS FOR PROMOTIONAL FILM
- Jal Jeevan Mission; Skill India – PMKVY; Rewa Scheme of the Administration of Ladakh; Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana; Swachh Bharat Mission and other National Flagship.
- Programmes of Government of India besides Tourism-based promotional film.
Application form must be submitted in hard copy along with the film in the desired formats, i.e. Pen Drive/DVD/BRD, latest by 10th September, 2021 to the following address: Deputy Director (Information), Department of Information, Administration of Union Territory of Ladakh, Civil Secretariat, Leh, Ladakh- 194101. The scanned copy of the application form along with the MOV or MP4 format of the film should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. The applicant must certify that they have the right to participate in this Film Competition with regard to the parties connected with the production/distribution of the participating film and/or other right holders/licenses.
9. The Himalayan Film Festival reserves the right to use materials received or their part for advertising purposes and for promoting campaigns of The Administration of Union Territory of Ladakh.
10. Along with the application, the applicant has to email a synopsis of the film, a brief profile of the director and producer, photographs (300 dpi) and film stills.
11. The applicant should ensure that the contact details/address/email shared in the application is correct as it may be used for communication.
12. If a film is not selected, The Administration of Union Territory of Ladakh will not, in any way whatsoever, provide any justification and/or comments regarding the reasons for the non-selection of a film.
13. Furthermore, the applicant undertakes to indemnify and keep The Administration of Union Territory of Ladakh indemnified against all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, costs, damages or loss arising out of the submission, acceptance and/or screening of the film and/or use or non-use of the material.
14. The applicant will be disqualified if any of the above claims made by the applicant is found to be false. The applicant will be wholly responsible for matters related to copyright issues with regard to the content being submitted to DFF for competition. DFF will not be liable for any legal cases related to copyright issues of the submitted entries.
Freight and Other Charges
All the shipping costs of the submitted Pen Drive/DVD/BRD and/or material must be borne by the applicant. Only the non-selected Pen Drive/DVD/BRD and/or Material will be returned to the Applicant. All submissions should be sent directly to The Administration of Union Territory of Ladakh address given below with ‘For Cultural Use Only’ and ‘Without Commercial Value’ clearly marked on the envelope.
Click >>> Application Form to view/download
Connect us on: