The Directorate of Economics & Statistics, UT Ladakhis yetto established by administration of UT Ladakh and willbe setup as per J&K pattern, and detains are as follow:
- The Directorate of Economics & Statistics has two Subordinate offices at district level, that is District Statistics & Evaluation Offices, and is headed by Deputy Director level Officers, whereas Chief Planning offices are headed by Joint Director/Dy. Director level officers in both districts.
- At the block level there is a Planning/Statistical Unit consisting of one Statistical Officer, one Junior Statistical Assistant, which is presently located in Block Development Offices.
- Directorate of Planning/Statistical Units in all important departments in the Secretariat, Heads of Departments, Provincial and District level offices and in some cases even at block/tehsil level offices. These Planning and Statistical unitsis headed by Joint Directors/Deputy Directors Statistical and Assistant Directors.
In addition,there will be a Statistical Training School in UT Ladakh.Persons appointed to the Service shall be required to undergo such training from time to time during the course of probation and to pass such examination.
Cadre Controlling Authority:
The Gazetted service is administered by Planning Development & Monitoring Department, while as non-gazetted service is administered by the Director General Economics & Statistics (who is the major Head of the Department of the Service).
Vision & Mission:
The main function of Directorate of Economics and Statistics are as follow:
- To compute State Income (GSDP), of the state.
- To compute per capita income of the State.
- Collection, compilation and Analysis of data emanating from various department.
- Conducting of Sample Surveys, Evaluation Studies.
- Monitoring of Projects and Programmes and among the main functions of the Statistical Planning Staff.
The Statistical Personnel are also charged with preparation/co-ordination departmental plans as well. The Department is catering to the entire statistical and planning requirements of the of district andstate.
The Directorate of Economics & Statistics will have several units and cells and each unit is charged with defined functions and duties as detailed here under:
|1||Officials Statistical Unit|
|2||State Income unit|
|5||Price Collection Unit|
|6||Co-ordination & Publication|
|8||Evaluation of Dev. Programmes/Projects|
|9||Preparation of Economic survey|
Staff Strength of the Cadre of the Department is yet to be decided and the category of the Post mention below: –
|Category of Post|
|8||Jr. Statistical Assistant|
|9||Key Punching Officer|
It is the apex body in the official Statistical System of the State &have for the followingresponsibilities.
- It is the nodal agency for Development of the Statistical system in the State.
- Co-ordinates the Statistical work in respect of Govt, Semi Government departments & other institutes.
- Prepares State Income estimates & District Domestic estimates and related aggregates.
- Organizes and Conducts Periodic surveys and Censuses.
- Conducts large scale sample surveys as a part of NSSO Surveys for creating data base needed for studying the impact of specific problems for the benefit of different population groups in diverse Socioeconomic as areas like employment, consumer expenditure, housing conditions & environment, literacy levels, health, nutrition, family welfare etc.
- Disseminates Statistical information on various aspects through a number of Publications. The publications are distributed among Government, semi-Government and other users.
- Conducts in-depth evaluation and impact assessment of development programmes/projects/schemes selected by SLEC.
Planning Development & Monitoring Department:-
- The Planning Development & Monitoring Department is interdisciplinary in nature and acts as a Nodal department to look after the implementation of developmental process in the Union Territory of Ladakh.
The main objective of the Department is to carry out project appraisals, coordinate inter-departmental monitoring mechanism, liaison with MHA and PMO in respect of all the developmental issues and other central initiatives.
- Planning Development & Monitoring Department monitors the major programmes like Special Development Package (SDP), Prime Minister’s Development Package (PMDP), Flagship /CSS schemes, Twenty Point Programme, Back to Village (B2V) and Public Outreach Programme.
- The Department also oversees the implementation of Externally Aided Projects implemented by Economic Reconstruction Agency (ERA).
- The implementation and monitoring of Border Area Development Programme (BADP), formulation of Sustainable Development Goals and monitoring of its progress, Aspirational Districts Programme and Aspirational Blocks Programme etc are also being looked after by PD&MD.