Close

    EC Mohsin Ali flags off 10,000 quintals of vermicompost for public distribution

    Publish Date: 9 December, 2021
    EC Mohsin Ali flags off 10,000 quintals of vermicompost for public distribution (3)

    KARGIL, DECEMBER 08, 2021: Executive Councilor for Agriculture, LAHDC, Kargil Mohsin Ali today flagged off trucks carrying 10,000 quintals of vermicompost meant for public distribution in Kargil district.
    The mineral is distributed to people under Mission Organic Development Initiative (MODI) under State Development Plan (SDP) to introduce organic farming into the mainstream agricultural production system.
    Besides EC Mohsin, Chief Agriculture Officer (CAO) Kargil Muhammad Ali Khan, SMS Razia Banoo, DAO Muhammad Iqbal, DAO inputs Ashiq Hussain, Mohd Hussain SDAO, Mohd Hussain officer incharge besides other officials of the department were present on the occasion.
    On the occasion, the CAO informed that 10 thousand quintals of vermicompost would be distributed in the district adding that 90 quintals would be distributed in each Panchayat halqa and 90 quintals in each municipality ward.
    Vermicompost is beneficial in improving soil aeration, enriches soil with microorganisms, enhances germination, plant growth and crop yield. It also helps in root and plant growth while enriching the soil by adding plant hormones.
    Later, EC Mohsin also took stock of other activities and functioning of the department. He also visited various projects including polycarbonate sheets, production of food grain containers and procurements of the department.
    The Chief Agriculture Officer informed the EC that 85 percent of the total procurement under the department has been completed while the remaining 15 percent will be completed by the end of December if weather conditions remain favorable.