DC Leh launches RoL Ladakh web portal & mobile app
Leh, March 29: Deputy Commissioner/CEO, LAHDC, Leh, Shrikant Suse launched the Registration of Labourers (RoL) Ladakh web portal and Android mobile app. The technical team comprising Rigzin Gurmet and Abdul Rashid (both network engineers) were also present during the launch event.
The portal and mobile app have been developed to provide a one-stop interface for the registration of workers/labourers to issue labour card to workers in Ladakh. The web portal and mobile app have been designed and developed for use across the Union Territory without any modifications.
DC Leh Shrikant Suse informed that this Android mobile app is available on the Google Play Store that can be searched under RoL Ladakh or by clicking the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nicjkapps. RoL Ladakh has a parallel web interface that could be accessed at http://labouremp.ladakh.gov.in. Both the portal and mobile app have been endogenously designed and developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC), District Leh.
Technical Director and DIO Leh, Punchok Paldan; Scientist-B and ADIO Leh, Tondup Tashi were present during the launch ceremony. DIO Leh, Punchok Paldan briefed the DC Leh about the features of both the web portal and the mobile app. ADIO Tashi Tondup gave a detailed presentation on the functionality of the mobile app and web portal.
The main objectives of the mobile application are:
1. To provide a platform for the workers to register themselves with the concerned labour department for availing labour card from anywhere.
2. The labour department to check the authenticity of the workers based on which labour card would be issued.
3. Build a database of migrant and native workers needed to assess the availability of labourers for developmental projects and agricultural works.
4. One point data source to facilitate/enable the citizens in obtaining labour to engage for their domestic and agricultural works as per their requirement.
5. The information collected would be beneficial for assessing the plans, development and execution of projects.
The citizens can search for labourers/workers from anywhere at any time without going anywhere to engage them in their domestic or agricultural works. It also has a notice board that would be updated timely by the labour department with the latest advisories for awareness and information of the citizens and the workers.
DC Leh Shrikant Suse congratulated NIC Leh for its effort in designing and developing the in-house solution in a time-bound manner and for rolling it out for the benefit of authorities and the public. He also directed the officials to update data on the portal regularly and bring more departments to this platform.
The concerned departments would be asked to replicate it across the entire Union Territory.