CEC, Dy Chairman Leh call on Defence Minister to discuss border issues
Leh, June 23: The Chairman/CEC LAHDC Leh, Advocate Tashi Gyalson, and Dy Chairman, LAHDC Leh, Tsering Angchuk, called on Minister of Defence Rajnath Singh in New Delhi today.
The delegation apprised the Defence Minister of critical issues of the people residing in border regions of Leh Ladakh and presented a memorandum seeking immediate intervention.
The points mentioned in the memorandum included:
1. Wildlife restrictions on the border are hampering developmental activities and crucial strategic projects.
2. Vacating the CTA Land at Melong-Thang in Leh and the Thoise Airport land in Nubra.
3. Enhancing the wages of Siachen porters and providing other facilities.
4. Completion of alternative connectivity route between Leh and Nubra via the Turtuk-Hanu Road.
5. Developmental construction at zero-border villages.
6. The impetus to the development of border infrastructure (Strategic NPD & Chushul-Dungti-Fukche roads).
7. Continuation of Defence Labour Procurement Department (DLPD) services in Ladakh.
8. Preference for Ladakhi local aspirants for job opportunities in Army and BRO projects.
9. Age-relaxation for unemployed youth from border villages in the Indian Army recruitments.
Minister of Defence Rajnath Singh gave a patient hearing to all the issues and demands projected by the official delegation from LAHDC Leh and assured them of early redressal of all the genuine issues of border areas of UT Ladakh on priority.